FIRE DETECTION SYSTEMS
Fire Detection Systems are necessary to prevent, minimize or alert relevant authorities of potential fire situations. The most widely-used systems are either automated or manually activated.
Detection Systems, of which the two main types are Conventional and Addressable, are comprised of the following components:
- Control panel (with our without identifying detection zones)
- Smoke and/or fire detectors
- Devices for sounding alarms or signalling and
- Customised components necessary for further integrated functions
- All Control Panels have varying programming capabilities
- Integrated functionality includes various detection devices and alarm
Conventional Fire Detection Systems
This system has multiple, programmable functions which convey alerts, eg:
- There is a possible fire
- There is a possible fault on the system
- The system is operating correctly
This system, designed with functional simplicity, is ideal for sites or buildings with basic layouts, constant employee activity during the day, and active night security patrol presence.
Each floor or section can be allocated a Zone which will have its own Detectors, designed to specific Client requirements. The Control Panel then monitors each Zone through the Detectors.
Addressable Fire Detection Systems
An advanced, multi-functional programmable system which is connected to a Network and eliminates active human input
- Allows for specific identification of each device, be it Detectors, Audible Alarms, Voice Prompting Systems and Access Control
- Each device is installed with a unique identification number for rapid and direct location detection
- Streamlined system maintenance with fast service
- Single location monitoring of multiple panel connectivity on different floors or site sections
- Phased and controlled evacuation initiation procedures
- Integration of access control function (emergency doors, closed-off areas)
- Manual activation switch connections
CCTV Security Surveillance Maintenance Contracts covering regular maintenance and inspections are recommended to ensure long-term System sustainability.
For more information on our Fire Detection Systems and related devices contact our Security Surveillance Sales team.
Why do you need CCTV
60% of businesses in Ireland are affected by crime each year, and this costs over €10m, with a staggering 10% of business lost as a consequence of crime.
CCTV is a very powerful tool in the fight against crime. Not only does CCTV provide a fantastic visual deterrent – footage can be used to provide evidence against anti-social behaviour, theft, vandalism and burglary – saving you thousands in the long run.
- CCTV helps to deter thieves
- View remote locations, including multiple locations at once
- Free Pro Surveillance software for remote viewing available for PC and Mac
- Remote viewing apps available for iPhone/iPad, Android and Windows Phone
- Safely monitor premises from a remote location
- Provide CCTV evidence to the Gardaí to secure a prosecution